Monday, January 26, 2009

Dad's Day

In Church yesterday I taught a lesson to all 45 of the Primary Kids (that's a lot of kids for 2nd Ward) on the importance of families. I handed out a questionnaire to the kids that asked very general questions about themselves and their families. Like, How old Are You? How many brothers do you have? How many sisters? And a few more. One of the questions asked What is your favorite holiday? I would say that 98% of the kids answered Christmas. Probably because that was the holiday we just had, or maybe the present factor, who really knows. The point is.... I didn't really pay attention to that question because it didn't pertain to families and their differences very much. Bradon always makes his handouts into paper airplanes after church and I always throw them away by Sunday Evening. This Sunday I opened his airplane to read his answers. He answered them all correct, 7 years old, 1 brother, 2 sisters, and favorite food Pizza and Pancakes. The next answer was the most profound of them all. He had next to Favorite Holiday: Dad's Day!
Bradon has an amazing connection to his dad. One that I am sometimes a little jealous of. But yesterday I was humbled by it. His favorite holiday wasn't one that got him presents, or baskets full of chocolate, or dressing up and getting candy. It was simply the day that celebrates his favorite person in the whole wide world. His DAD!!

6 comments:

Dan said...

that is so awesome.

Unknown said...

I'm the DAD! Thanks Sandee for posting such a kind thought. That kid of ours is cool. I love him too. And don't be jealous, you get the girls!!!

teasha said...

He is a great kid!

......to meeksfamilyfun!! said...

What a sweet kid. I love that story. :)

Joy said...

ahhhh......that was really sweet.....maybe you should save that one ;-)

laura said...

I delivered at Memorial- I know, I feel like a big traitor. The whole time I kept thinking of how wonderful the Memorial nurses(you) were to me, and wondered why I would go somewhere else. My ONLY reason- Blake was in the NICU for 2 weeks when he was born and it was just too long of a commute twice a day. In the off chance that were to happen again, we wanted to be closer. Don't worry though- those Mercy nurses don't hold a candle to you.
By the way- will I ever see you again in this lifetime?